Version v0.5 of the documentation is no longer actively maintained. The site that you are currently viewing is an archived snapshot. For up-to-date documentation, see the latest version.
Set up a GCP Project
Follow these steps to set up a GCP account and project if you don’t already have one:
Select or create a project on the GCP Console.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your project. See the guide to modifying a project’s billing settings.
Go to the following pages on the GCP Console and ensure that the specified APIs are enabled on your GCP account:
Check to see if you are eligible for the GCP Free Tier, which gives you free resources to try GCP services. The guide describes:
- the GCP services which are always free, and
- a 12-month trial period with $300 credit that you can use with any GCP services.
Read the GCP guide to resource quotas to understand the quotas on resource usage that Compute Engine enforces, and to learn how to check your quota and how to request an increase in quota.
You do not need a running GKE cluster. The deployment process will create a cluster for you.
- Set up an OAuth credential if you want to use Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy (Cloud IAP). Cloud IAP is recommended for production deployments or deployments with access to sensitive data. You can skip this step if you want to test Kubeflow in a non-production environment.
Choose one of the following ways to deploy Kubeflow:
- Using the UI. This option provides a simple way to deploy Kubeflow.
- Using the CLI. This option provides more control over the deployment process.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.